SF Vegetarian Society Resources
Stuff to Read
- Vegan: The New Ethics of Eating
- download the entire book for free!
- VegNews - the nation's ONLY vegetarian newspaper
- The American Vegan magazine - put out by the American Vegan Society.
- Membership is $20. Call 856-694-2887
or write: AVS PO BOX 369, Malaga NJ 08328-0908.
IVU - International
Vegetarian Restaurant Guides
Vegetarian Cooking & Lifestyle
- Vegan health study needs applicants. Contact the Vegan Doc, Michael Klaper, through the Institution of Nutrition Education and Research, 1601 N Sepulveda Blvd, #342, Manhattan Beach CA 90266, or contact Jerry R Cook at 804-469-7730. Cost including tests and consultation is $650.
- MadCowboy.com - the official site of Howard Lyman, a 4th generation rancher who turned his back on the industry and leads a crusade against factory farming, and became a vegan. The site has a lot of facts about "Mad Cow" disease.
Vegetarian Food Manufacturers
Vegetarian Travel Resources
Other Vegetarian Resources
back to top
Bay Area Resources
Bay Area Vegetarian Cooking Classes Please contact the following for class schedules.
- California Culinary Academy, (800) BAYCHEF
- Compassionate Cooks - Register online www.compassionatecooks.com or contact (510) 531-COOK (2665) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- City College of San Francisco, (415) 239-3285
- HomeChef, (415) 668-3191
- The Learning Annex, (415) 788-5500
- Millennium Restaurant, (415) 345-3900
- Sur La Table, (415) 732-7900
- Tante Marie's Cooking School, (415) 788-6699
- SFSU College of Extended Learning, (415) 561-1860
- Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, Vegetarian Cooking Workshops, $25 on Saturdays (415) 681-2731, SanFrancisco@sivananda.org or www.sivananda.org.
- Vegetarian Cuisine of India Cooking Classes, $25 per class, includes meal
(415) 682-9104 or (415) 661-7475
Bay Area Catering/Private Chefs
- Carolyn Peters, Private Chef (415) 810-3496
- Resa J. Soloway, Personal chef, caterer and cooking instructor. (415) 515-2502
- Jesse Miner - Vegan Personal Chef (www.chefjesseminer.com) (650) 274-8089
Bay Area Vegetarian Professionals
If you are vegetarian and have your own business, please contact us and we will list you.
Note: asterisk (*) indicates discount provided to SFVS members.
- Jordan Rothstein, CMT (East Bay). Massage therapy that gets results. Get out of pain, end chronic tension, stand taller, move easier, breathe deeper. BodyTechnician.com (510)548-2594*
- Michael Edelstein, PhD, Clinical Psychologist (including addictions to food), (SF) 673-2848*
- Robert Mascaroti, D.C., Chiropractic Care (South Bay) (408) 246-4122*
- Dave Pressman, Intellectual Property Attorney, (SF) 776-3960*
- Sandy Rosenbluth, Massage Therapist (SF) (415)558-9266*
- Linda Rae Savage, D.C., Chiropractic Care (East Bay) (510) 883-1640*
- Teresa Tsingis, D.C., Chiropractic Care (SF) 397-9960
- Diane Waye, Unique Personal Fitness Training Instructor (SF) (415) 567-6376*
- Judy Einzig, LCSW, child (all ages) and adult psychotherapy & hypnosis (for mind-body health) San Francisco. (415) 587-4622
- Jeannie Marie, Vegan Certified Massage Therapist in practice at Glow Spa in San Francisco (415) 674-9952
- Vegan Psychologist in SF. Overcome anxiety, depression, relationship problems, addictions (including unhealthy eating). Brief therapy with long-term results. Affordable fees, twenty-five years experience. Call (415) 673-28848 or visit www.ThreeMinuteTherapy.com.
- Maria Whitworth, medium/clairvoyant, animal communicator, and intuitive lifestyle coach. (415) 883-8355. Novato-based, but world-wide readings are available.
- Dr. Rick and Karin Dina, D.C. (email@example.com) - provides Vegan and Raw Food nutrition consulting and chiropractic care in San Rafael, CA. 415-472-7070
back to top